Frequently Asked Questions
What services does Suite 2012 offer?
Nonprofit fund development and management are our “suite spots”. Specific services include: Annual Fund Management, Event Planning, Grantwriting & Board Governance.
My organization is not located in Michigan. Can Suite 2012 still help us?
Yes—Suite 2012 is equipped with consultants and resources from the east to west coast. In addition, through use of technology, we are able to provide effective services remotely as appropriate.
What type of events does Suite 2012 create and manage?
- Social and Philanthropic benefit events
- Galas, Donor Receptions, and Friendraisers
- VIP Experiences (Music Festivals, Concerts)
- 10k & 5k Runs and other custom fundraising events and experiences
We are a for-profit organization. Can suite 2012 still be a resource for us?
Yes—while nonprofit organizations are the primary client base, Suite 2012 does offer Administrative, Management & Event Planning services to businesses.
What is the average length of engagement with Suite 2012?
As a Co-sourcing Partner, Suite 2012 engagements are customized enabling each partner to find their “suite spot”. Suite spots can range from a project basis to long-term engagements of 1-5 years and beyond as necessary.
What sets you apart from other consultants or firms?
Suite 2012 offers the ideal blend of creativity and business savvy, with perceptive business acumen and broad perspectives of nonprofits. We provide professional services in a unique environment of nontraditional staffing, utilizing our network of business relationships to leverage resources and save our client’s money. Because staff is shared among our partners, the level of service we provide is cost effective. More suite benefits include:
- Increase capacity with access to skilled resources and established infrastructures
- Build scalability without sacrificing excellence
- Provide cohesive integration, improve outcomes as true partners with mutual goals
- Deliver seamless processes with desired values and timelines
- Mitigate risks, foster ownership and accountability while maintaining confidentiality
- Accountability – An assigned project manager who is completely dedicated to your needs
What are some of Suite 2012’s successes?
Detroit Jazz Festival Foundation & leap
- Secured the single largest grant award of $200,000 in the history of the Festival from the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation
- Implemented a robust donor program, which successfully engaged new donors and produced annual revenue in excess of $208,000
- Secured more than $50,000 in new grant funding for leap in a six-month period, creating critical programming for youth in South Central LA
Southwest Detroit Business Association, Ruth Ellis Center & Mosaic Youth Theatre of Detroit
- Produced annual Community Investment Breakfast yielding over $130,000 in net profits over 2 years
- Delivered highest grossing Gala events, generating six figure net revenues
- Increased silent auction income by 50%
- Attracted new business and created brand awareness for Keys of Life Specialized Care yielding increased income and client enrollment